Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Update! 8.23.16

Hey guys! 

I know that I haven't written in forever, mostly because I've been really busy, but I have been writing. I typed a couple of posts about some stuff this summer and just never posted them. I might still, but I still owe you guys an update, so here you go. 

(Also, I'm incredibly happy writing right now, because I got a MacBook and it is so much easier for me to blog now! Prepare to hear from me often!) 

So, I'm in my second week of college. I'm at Concord University, sort of. It's kinda complicated. I'm not on the main campus, I'm on a satellite campus, and I love it. College is so much different than high school, and I've already learned an incredible amount.

My schedule consists of Communications, English, Art, and Political Science. It's well-rounded, and keeps me pretty busy. I get to write a lot with these classes, and I'm loving that. It's finally time to start working towards my career goals, and it's so excited. I'm just pumped about life right now. 

Anyways, my Comm class is so good. So good. We had to give this speech about ourselves yesterday and apparently it was a good conversation starter. I made a couple of new friends, have caught up with old ones, and am mildly pining for my best friend because she's literally two hours away from me now. 

The last couple of months have bounced between super enjoyable and super hectic. North Carolina was amazing- despite dad's surgery. I got to spend a lot of time around my mom. That's a good thing. My mom is like, my superhero. College near home ultimately means that I get to hang out with her a lot, and that makes me really happy. 

I'm weird- I know. No need to tell me. 

I don't really have much more to say, other than Hamilton the Musical gets me through life these days. 90% of my life consists of inspiration from Alexander Hamilton. Yes, I know it's mainstream right now and that makes me so unoriginal, but I'm not gonna stop liking it. So someday when it becomes the hipster thing to like, then it'll be my time to shine.

For the time being, though? Most of my general friend group shares my obsession. Thank goodness. 

This post is all over the place, geez. 

My Political Science class is, of course, my favorite. 
I've never been in a setting where people can debate without screaming/wanting to beat each other up. This is a very nice setting to be in to discuss my crazy democratic ideals. There are more liberal people in the class than I would've imagined. Not complaining, though. 

Art is a very close second, though. That's definitely because of my prof. He's an artist, like not just a teacher of the arts. He is very into personal relevance when it comes to the art world, and I love every single moment of it. Art just doesn't bore me like it bores most people. It intrigues me to the fullest extent possible. 

My animated professors are my favorites. They keep me focused. 

I take notes digitally now, too. Which is... strange. Thank you, Microsoft! You're kind of a life saver! I cannot advocate for taking digital notes enough, now. It's so simple; it's so easy to fix mistakes. 

...maybe I'm just enjoying the laptop life a lot. Maybe that's just what it is. I'm not sure. 

Well guys, I love you all. I'm gonna leave you all here. 

This post is short, sweet, and to the point.

Don't worry- I'll be back with some fun stuff soon! 

-Tori :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something Else to Read:

The Struggle to Write